Sponsored Program Information Network (SPIN)
- Video Tutorial on Using the SPIN Database to Find Funding
Quick Search Instructions:
- Select "Advanced Search"
- Fill in the blanks on the Query Form with the desired search criteria. It is not necessary to fill in every blank. Click on the headings for a menu of choices. To select multiple choices, hold down the control key and use the mouse to click on the choices. Use "quotation marks" to surround terms used in the title, objectives, or synopsis. Suggested fields in which to enter information are: Keywords, Applicant Types, Award Types.
- Press the "Run Search" button
- Select the items of interest
- Press "Build" to download the report
- Select "Back to the Results Page"
- From the Results Page, select "Save To File"
- Press "Build"
- Click "here" to Download the File
- Save the file to a diskette
- Back browse to the Search query page
- Select "Save Search"
- Name and describe the search. If desired, reports can be set up to run and emailed daily, weekly or monthly. Searches can be "loaded" and re-run upon request.