Guidelines for Internal Screening of Applications for Limited Submissions
When there are limitations or restrictions on the number of applications that can be submitted by an institution, the following general internal screening process will take place. Joint review may be required between UConn and the UConn Health Center.
Notification of Intent to Submit must be completed and submitted online for all limited submission programs.
If an internal competition is scheduled or announced, pre-proposals will be submitted to Larisa Zagorski in electronic format as ONE .pdf document and will include:
- Cover page, to include:
- Name of program
- Title of project
- Complete contact information of submitter(s)
- Maximum three-page summary describing the project and demonstrating how it will:
- Fulfill the program/solicitation criteria
- Contribute to meeting the research and educational goals of the institution
- Maximum two-page budget and budget justification, or summary of costs, including cost sharing commitment required in the solicitation. If a cost sharing commitment is required by the Sponsor, a letter of support is required from the Dean/Department Head as to how this commitment will potentially be achieved.
- Maximum two-page list of investigators, summarizing credentials and role in the project.
- Optional maximum two-page attachment containing any additional relevant information. For example, if a proposal is a resubmission, a summary of available comments/reviews can be attached
Please adhere to these guidelines. Pre-proposals not submitted according to these guidelines will be returned. Pre-proposals will be reviewed by an internal screening committee with respect to the announced program eligibility and criteria. Reviewers may, or may not, return comments. Principal Investigators will be notified of approval to submit.
Final proposals are due to the Office for Sponsored Programs, Storrsor the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, UCHC a minimum of 5 working days prior to the sponsor’s deadline for final review prior to submission.
For further information:
Larisa Zagorski, Internal Grants Program Specialist
University of Connecticut
Office of the Vice President for Research
Nathan L. Whetten Graduate Center, Room 100C
438 Whitney Rd. Ext., Unit 1006
Storrs, CT 06269-1006
Direct: (860) 486-6378
Fax: (860) 486-5381